Position: COPE Director
Program: Napowan Summer Camp
Reports To: Program Director
Supervises: COPE Staff
Primary Functions: To administer and coordinate the overall COPE program (high and low ropes course) area in accordance with the standards set forth by the Boy Scouts of America and the Northwest Suburban Council. Assure that the operation is run in accordance with safety and health standards and in compliance with state and federal regulations.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
– Assure that all campers, leaders, visitors, and staff served by the COPE staff receive a quality program.
– Maintain all facilities and equipment associated with the COPE area.
– Supervise and train the COPE staff.
– Responsible for teaching and/or overseeing the teaching of all programs associated with the COPE area.
– Assures the safety and welfare of all campers, leaders, and staff while in the COPE areas.
– Performs other duties as assigned by the Camp Director or Program Director
Critical Elements of the Position:
– Must be 21 years of age or older
– Be willing to obtain certification below before camp (paid by the camp) once school year has ended
– Hold current National Camp School certification as a BSA Project COPE director (or be willing to obtain)
– Possess knowledge and application of skills relating to COPE programs.
– Have hearing and sight necessary to oversee the safety of the COPE areas.
Please follow and like us: